In this episode, Devon and Richard sit down with Brogan Holcombe to talk all about bears!
- Bear encounter stories
- Are all black bears black?
- Black bear range in North America
- How many species of bear
- How large black bears get
- Diet (through life and year)
- Cubs (how many? How long do they stay with mom? Etc)
- Interactions with people (becoming comfortable around people)
- Mitigating issues and fostering coexistence
- Growler Bears
- Brogans research
Brogan is a Master’s Student working in the Wildlife Habitat & Population Analysis Lab at Virginia Tech
She’s also the one behind #SundayScientistShoutout on Twitter which she does every week for scientists or STEM activists from underrepresented groups.
Follow Brogan @Brogan_Holcombe or look up her #bearseyeview for awesome bear videos!